Annual membership Dues vary by Auxiliary. Dues for the current Auxiliary year should be paid before December 31.

What are the Greatest Attributes of Our Democracy?

How are You Inspired by America?

You must be related to a veteran who has served overseas in a location of foreign conflict, earning the campaign medals eligible. That veteran can be a living or deceased spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent or grandchild.

Step- and adopted parents, children, siblings (and half-siblings), grandparents and grandchildren are considered the same as biological parents, children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren and may join the VFW Auxiliary under their VFW-eligible veteran.

The most common document is a DD 214, which will list the veteran’s dates of service and campaign medals. But you can also use other separation documents, such as documents showing service in Korea, Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay on pay records, and also sometimes other documentation if you don’t have one of these.

Check out our Eligibility Information page for links and resources to help you. If you’re stumped, contact us at National Headquarters and we’ll do our best to help you.

No, your veteran is eligible the moment he/she earns the accepted campaign medals for overseas service.

After the change in Auxiliary eligibility opened to men in 2015, the VFW determined that any veteran who is eligible for the VFW cannot join the Auxiliary. Some dual members exist from before the change, and they must maintain their eligibility in order to stay members of both organizations.

No, you can belong as a National or Department (state) Member At Large. Check out your options on the Become A Member page.

Yes, any member – and even a non-member – can order items from the VFW Store, www.vfwstore.org.